I have never been a fan of raw vegetables salad until I tried Shrimp Louie at Kincaids a couple of weeks ago. It was so inviting, fresh, and delicious. I saw a bag of spring mix with edible flowers at the farmers market yesterday. It is time to try fixing some fresh vegetable salad myself! Ashely gave me her stamp of approval for eating healthy again this weekend 🙂
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Ingredients for deviled eggs:
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch of paprika
Ingredients for ‘thousand island’ dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbs fine chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients to assemble salad:
- 4 servings salmon, see instructions below
- 2 cups king crab meat
- 1 bag spring mix with edible flowers
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemons, cut in halves
To prepare deviled eggs:
- Cut peeled eggs into halves. Slip out the egg yolks carefully into a small mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with a folk until smooth and creamy.
- Fill egg whites with egg yolk mixture.
- Garnish with sprinkle of paprika.
To prepare salmon:
- Substitute mahi mahi with salmon in Pan-Seared Mahi Mahi Fusion Bowl.
To assemble salad:
- Mix ingredients of ‘thousand island’ dressing in a small bowl, season to taste.
- Wash, spring mix and spin dry. Divide into serving dishes.
- Top with one serving of salmon, 1/2 cup of king crab meat, and 1 deviled egg
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and half lemon.