Since the HoneyBaked store in Belmont closed a few years ago, I have make a one-hour trip to Palo Alto’s HoneyBaked every Thanksgiving/Christmas for our HoneyBaked Holiday Dinner. The primary target of the trip wasn’t the ham nor turkey, but HoneyBaked creamed corn! This year, I convinced EK that I will try to make creamed corn myself, so I can save the one-hour trip and standing in line for another hour just for a side dish. This is nowhere close to the HoneyBaked creamed corn, but 15 mins in my kitchen in exchange for 2-hour trip to Palo Alto is a good deal!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 5
- 1 (10 oz) bag of frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp turkey or roast chicken drippings (or substitute with butter)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and roast chicken dripping/butter.
- Whisk together the milk and flour, and stir into the corn mixture. Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot.
Next time, I will pulse half the corn in the food processor before cooking.